Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Live in Slow Motion

Alright, so I can already hear Chris sighing in exasperation but here they are: front row pics from David Gray at the NIA in Birmingham. Got there when the doors opened and was standing against the barricade just left of center. The piano and the keyboardist were directly in front of us so when David came out to open with Alibi, he started in front of us! I do have to say, and I'm not kidding, when he looked down into the audience, we made eye contact a few times. Probably because I was so enthusiastic!
This is the third David concert I've been to, and this was by far the best. I think that he's mastered his set list so that it is not overburdened with slower tempo songs. The energy was great, both onstage and off, there was even a bit of jamming involved! For David, that is a major step. And he unexpectedly covered "Brown Eyed Girl" in the encore. Anyways, enjoy and note the presence of Clune, the drummer, who was insane as always.
Note: I also include a pic of the opener, Ray LaMontagne, who was actually amazing. I want to get the album. Great lyrics, a great voice, and one to watch out for. He just released his first album.














2 Comments:

Blogger arehart said...

ahemm.....FUCK YOU! You lucky bastard

7:44 PM  
Blogger arehart said...

really, pretty damn cool, you bastard...i will be seeing him at RED ROCKS though!

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home